PELICAN COVE CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION
General Rules and Regulations -
General Rules and Regulations -1/17
The principal purpose of the rules and regulations is to encourage residents, whether owner, guest, or tenants, to help keep our Pelican Cove Condominiums (PCC) a pleasant place in which to live.
The layout and design of PCC is such that the actions of one affect another or even the entire condominium community. It is therefore imperative that all residents do their part to keep our piece of St. Croix beautiful, pleasant, safe and valuable and comply with the rules set forth below.
POOL AND HOT TUB RULES
Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Daily
Facilities are for the sole use of Owners, Tenants and their accompanied guests. Use of the facilities constitutes your agreement to comply with the following rues, the assumption of all risks relating thereto and your agreement to indemnify Pelican Cove Association against all liability in connection therewith.
• There is no lifeguard on duty - swim at your own risk.
• An adult (18 years or over) shall accompany children under the age of 14 at all times.
• No food or glass containers are allowed in the Pool or Deck area.
• No broadcast music at any time.
• No diapered children are allowed in the Pool or in the Hot Tub.
• No dive equipment is permitted in the Pool or Hot Tub.
• No bicycles, wheeled vehicles, or roller blades are allowed on the Pool Deck.
• No running, jumping or diving are allowed in the Pool or Hot Tub areas.
• Feet must be rinsed off in the pan provided before entering the Pool or Hot Tub.
• No children under the age of 14 are allowed in the Hot Tub.
• Temperature controls in the Hot Tub must not be altered.
• When exiting the Hot Tub jets must be turned off, cover must be replaced and area secured.
• Owners and Tenants must accompany guests in the pool area at all times. Unaccompanied visitors and guests are not permitted to use the pool.
• All Owners and Tenants may use the cabana when not reserved for private function. Only Owners are allowed to reserve the Cabana. Tenants are not permitted to rent the Cabana or hold parties/gatherings.
• By no means should anyone using the Cabana impose on other Owners, their guests, or their tenants with load music or noise.
• No glass containers are allowed in the Cabana area.
• The area is to be cleaned up at the end of any use.
• All surfaces are to be wiped down and tables and chairs placed in their original positions.
• Music and radios are allowed if played at a reasonable level so as not to disturb other owners, guests or tenants.
• Children are not allowed to roam freely throughout the landscaped beds.
• No party shall be allowed to continue after 9:00 PM which includes clean up time.
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED AT THE POOL OR CABANA AT ANY TIME
RESIDENTIAL USE —No unit shall be used for any purpose other than as and for a single family residence or dwelling.
PUBLIC GALLERIES AND BALCONIES — only decorative pots containing ornamental plants, mats or benches may be placed on the public galleries.
Neither occupants nor their guests shall play in the entrances, walkways, or stairwells of the buildings.
All personal property must be stored within its respective unit. Nothing may be left, even temporarily, on the common elements of the buildings.
PARKING — Vehicles shall be parked only in appropriate spaces or designated areas.
Handicapped parking spaces are required by the building codes and are under no circumstances to be used by residents who do not display a handicapped parking sign.
CLOTHES DRYING - No outdoor clothes drying activity shall be permitted. Towels etc. hanging over balcony railings.
HOUSING OF ANIMALS — No animal shall be kept in any unit or allowed to remain on or about the Common Areas
NOXIOUS OR OFFENSIVE ACTIVITIES — Noxious or offensive activities shall not be carried on upon any unit or the Common Areas and Facilities, nor shall any loud or boisterous activities be conducted which will interfere with the rights, comforts, or conveniences of other unit owners or tenants.
GARBAGE AND TRASH REMOVAL - It shall be the responsibility of each unit to properly dispose of garbage and trash in the provided receptacle. Receptacle is located behind the stockade fence on left side of the driveway when exiting the property, just beyond the French building.
BARBECUES – Only Propane BBQs are allowed on decks and landings. Charcoal grills of any kind are not allowed on decks and landings. There is a community charcoal grill located at the pool cabana for residents to use.
EXTERIOR ANTENNAS —No exterior radio, television or any other electrical antennas or aerials or satellite dishes or other such devices shall be erected or maintained anywhere upon arty unit or the Common Areas and Facilities.
TEMPORARY STRUCTURES — No structure of a temporary character including, but not limited to, mobile homes or recreational vehicles shall be permitted on the Common Areas and Facilities, at any time either temporarily or permanently, at the instance of any unit owner.
GUESTS AND TENANTS - No unit may be occupied at any time by more than two (2) people per bedroom plus two (2) for the living room.
MUSIC AND NOISE - Unit occupants shall exercise extreme care to avoid making loud or objectionable noises, and in using, playing or permitting the use of any radio, phonograph, television, musical instrument, amplifiers, or any other instrument or device in such manner as may disturb or tend to disturb other unit occupants.
NUISANCE - No unit shall be used, in whole or in part, for the storage of any property or thing that will cause such unit to appear to be in an unclean or untidy condition or that will be obnoxious to the eye; nor shall any substance thing or material be kept upon any unit that will emit foul or obnoxious odors or disturb the peace, quiet, safety, comfort or serenity of the occupants of surrounding property. No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any unit, nor shall anything be done thereon tending to cause embarrassment, discomfort, annoyance or nuisance to any person using any property adjacent to the unit. There shall not be maintained any plants or animals or device or thing of dangerous, unsightly, unpleasant or of a nature as may diminish or destroy the enjoyment of Properties.
COMMON AREA USE - No unit owner or occupant shall use, or cause to be used, the Common Areas and Facilities in such a fashion or manner as might tend to cause disorderly or unsightly conditions upon or within the Commons Areas and Facilities or which shall adversely affect the use and enjoyment of such Common Areas and Facilities by any one or all of the other unit owners.
ASSEMBLY OF MECHANICAL DEVICES - The pursuit of hobbies or other activities including specifically, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the assembly and disassembly of motor vehicles and other mechanical devices which might tend to cause disorderly, unsightly or unkempt conditions shall not be pursued or undertaken of the property.
REASONABLE ACCESS TO UNITS – The Association has the irrevocable right of access to each Unit, during reasonable hours, when necessary for the maintenance, repair, replacement or any common elements, or any portion of a unit to be maintained by the Association pursuant to the Declaration or as necessary to prevent damage to the common elements or to a unit or units, including the right to make inspection for the presence of any vermin, insects, or other pests that may cause damage to the common elements or a unit or units and including the right to take such measures as may be necessary to control or exterminate such vermin, insects, or other pests as necessary to prevent damage to the common elements or to a unit or units.
CONSTRUCTION, REMODELING OR REPAIR WORK Shall be conducted ONLY on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Not to include legal holidays or weekends) unless such construction, remodel or repair work is necessitated by an emergency or approved by the General Manager.